How You Have Made a Difference
Support from alumni and friends have transformed lives of students as well as the fabric of the College’s buildings. Here are just a few stories showing how donations to Trinity Hall have helped make a difference.
“Through all the challenges and the exciting moments I sometimes sit back in amazement at the experience I am having at Cambridge and how truly lucky I am to be able to undertake part of my training at this University, for that I cannot thank you enough for your kind donation to Trinity Hall and in turn to my education.”
Marissa, 2016, PhD Biological Sciences (pictured)
“My graduate experiences have taught me that a PhD is not just a degree. It is intensive training to become independent, sharpen my soft skills and push me to think beyond the status quo. My affiliation with Cambridge as a PhD graduate would unlock many more paths, and I plan to continuously be involved in translational research, aiming to contribute and make an impact as an alumnus.”
Edward Tan, 2015, PhD Engineering
Making a difference to Trinity Hall in 2019-20
Support from our alumni and friends makes a huge difference to the College community enabling us to fulfil our objectives of offering further financial support to students in need; maintaining an excellent level of education and pastoral care; and improving our buildings and facilities.
Donations to the TH Fund and income from endowed funds enabled us to achieve the following in 2018-19.
Support students: providing opportunities and nurturing potential
- Offer part studentships to 37 graduate students
- Award grants to 68 students to help with their fieldwork, conferences or dissertations
- Contribute £105,070 in bursaries to undergraduates, including supporting 46 undergraduates from lower income households with a full Cambridge Bursary
- Purchase sports equipment for Wychfield
- Enable the choir to produce a CD
- Help 17 students with the costs involved with taking part in Blues level sports
- Expand our access and outreach activities, engaging over 2,638 school students from 306 schools
- Support our Entrepreneurs network, offering awards to take part in entrepreneurial projects making a difference in Africa, China and Europe.
- Establish new academic prizes
Support teaching and continue Cambridge excellence
- Supporting the College costs of five Fellows and two Research Fellows
Preserve our heritage and improve our resources
- Continue work on the WongAvery Music Gallery
- Conserve a rare atlas in the Old Library collection and digitize medieval manuscripts
- Purchase up to date texts for the Jerwood Library
- Refurbish the upper room in the Jerwood Library.