Information about the following positions may be found below:
|No current vacancies|
Research Fellowship Competition 2023
The competition for Fellowships from 1 October 2023 is now closed.
For this year’s candidates, details of the remaining timetable are set out below:
- Two references must be submitted through the website by 5.00pm on Monday, 14th November 2022.
- Candidates who are selected to send samples of written work, must do so by midnight on Sunday, 8th January 2023.
- Candidates will be called to interview in early March 2023.
- Elections will be made no later than the week commencing 20th March 2023.
- Successful candidates will enter into their Fellowships on 1st October 2023.
For those wanting to pursue a career in academia, an important transitional step from PhD to a lectureship is the appointment of high-flying young academics to a Research Fellowship (referred to in other colleges as a Junior Research Fellowship or ‘JRF’). Trinity Hall is fortunate to have received funding for five named research fellowships, and there are usually six Research Fellows in College at any one time. Appointments to Research Fellowships are keenly contested, attracting many exceptional candidates from across the globe who take part in an open competition for just two posts awarded each year (from up to 600 applicants). A Research Fellowship is typically for a three-year term, allowing the individual essential freedom for innovative research in their area of expertise with minimal pressure from teaching. Research Fellows play an integral role in College life and on leaving Trinity Hall have usually secured an excellent posting within the academic world.
This is a joint college scheme, shared with a number of other Cambridge colleges.
(College Fellows in various subjects are appointed based on Faculty/University positions and as such are not advertised here.)
Please email email@example.com for general information about academic vacancies at Trinity Hall.