Students enjoy a wide variety of sports at Trinity Hall. Whether you are an established athlete or interested in trying something new, there is sure to be something here for you. Alumni can also benefit from use of the sports facilities.
Trinity Hall has its own College sports teams including football, netball, pool, rowing, rugby, tennis and volleyball. Many of our teams compete in inter-collegiate competitions and leagues, and our athletes often earn Blues status by representing the University in high-level competitions.
The Trinity Hall Boat Club (THBC) has a fully equipped boathouse on the River Cam, with shells for eights, fours, pairs and sculling, and is open to experts and novices alike. THBC crews compete against other Colleges in Bumps, where they battle it out to become Head of the River. How do you spot THBC supporters on the riverbank? Listen out for cries of ‘Row Hall’!
Trinity Hall members have access to:
- The Sports field with football, rugby, cricket and practice pitches
- Our trim trail (outdoor exercise track) which is great way to turn a jog around the rugby pitch into a full body work out!
- Hardcourts with tennis, netball and basketball practice (one hoop only),
- The Pavilion with Olympic standard squash court and table tennis on the ground floor
- Fitness studio (in squash court B trialling this term. Book the space for group exercise or use when not booked for individual floor exercise, yoga etc)
- First-floor gym with exercise bikes, rowing machines, cross trainer, treadmill, dumbbells and multigym.
You can book a sports field at Wychfield if:
- you are a Trinity Hall team
- you are a team with at least one Trinity Hall member.
Occasional external bookings are accepted where this does not infringe on Trinity Hall teams’ requirements.
Pitch, goals, showers, toilets and changing facilities are provided.
Sports field and hardcourts
Will Brown, Groundsman – 01223 332530/07917535823 or email Will
Sam Hartley, Head Gardener – 01223 761619 or email Sam
Squash courts, gym and table tennis
Wychfield Porter’s Lodge – 01223 339029
College punts are available to book at a rate of £10 per hour from April to October. Punts can be used between 7am and dusk and should be booked via the Porters (01223 332500) no more than one week in advance. Payment is made through the Porters’ Lodge by cash, cheque or credit card (minimum spend £10 on card). More information in the Trinity Hall punts policy.