The aim of the Club is to recapture and perpetuate the Trinity Hall spirit after graduation by bringing together a mix of achievers from the College in whatever field or discipline, particularly those who enjoy dining together. There are currently around 450 Aula Club members; alumni of all subjects from matriculation years 1947 to 2019.
The Aula Club was founded in 1892, the inspiration of John F Fearon and Harold Tingey (1887), as a dining club for Trinity Hall alumni. Seven members attended the first dinner, which was held in London. Today the Club meets twice a year, in March/April and November/December, at a variety of venues in London and biennially in Cambridge and between 70 and 100 members attend. In addition to dining fees, there is a modest annual subscription.
The Club maintains its strong historic links to Trinity Hall sport through the Aula Fund, which supports Trinity Hall students aspiring to represent the University in any Blue or Half Blue sport, and is starting to widen the grant allocation to include the arts as well.
Since its inception, the Club has made donations to College appeals and projects, most recently a significant contribution to the creation and establishment of the Aula Bar.
Aula Club Committee
Nick Eastwell (1975) Chairman
Freddie Marr-Johnson (1957)
Kate Hearle (1977) Honorary Secretary
Sarah Webbe (1981)
Chris Harrison (1984)
Alice Archer (2010)
Please note that the views expressed on Aula Club webpages are not necessarily those of the College and any content is added at the request of the Aula Club Committee.