Support and Reporting

someone using a phone

The College has a reputation for being a friendly and supportive place for all.

We all play a part in maintaining this. The Student Handbook is essential reading for students: it contains a lot of practical information and guidance about College life (e.g. academic requirements, finances, accommodation). It also outlines key sources of support, reporting options, and disciplinary procedures.



Wellbeing and support

Trinity Hall and the University provide an extensive range of support options for students. Your primary source of support in College is your Tutor. You may also wish to contact the College’s Wellbeing team (a friendly team that includes a Head of Wellbeing/Advisor, a nurse, and a counsellor) or the College Discrimination and Harassment Contact (Lisa Déry, Section 7 of the Student Handbook). The JCR and MCR’s Welfare Officers can also offer advice and signpost towards different forms of support. For more on the pastoral and wellbeing support available see our Student Wellbeing pages.

The University’s wellbeing support webpages provide helpful information. Students may also wish to consult the Cambridge SU Student Advice Service.

Please note that Wellbeing Team in College does not provide an emergency service. If emergency support is required, please read the Crisis Support information on the Wellbeing team’s intranet page. for help and advice.

Complaints and reporting

For students, Section 7 of the Student Handbook details the College’s Reporting Procedures. However, this outline of some of the reporting procedures provides a helpful at-a-glance reference.

Emergency support

If you have been affected by harassment or sexual misconduct and need urgent help there are several internal and external support options available. A useful summary can be found on the University Breaking the Silence webpages.

If you’ve been accused of harassment or sexual misconduct advice can also be found on the University Breaking the Silence pages.