Making a difference to Trinity Hall in 2018-19
Support from our alumni and friends makes a huge difference to the College community enabling us to fulfil our objectives of offering further financial support to students in need; maintaining an excellent level of education and pastoral care; and improving our buildings and facilities.
“Through all the challenges and the exciting moments I sometimes sit back in amazement at the experience I am having at Cambridge and how truly lucky I am to be able to undertake part of my training at this University, for that I cannot thank you enough for your kind donation to Trinity Hall and in turn to my education.”
Marissa, 2016, PhD Biological Sciences (pictured)
“My graduate experiences have taught me that a PhD is not just a degree. It is intensive training to become independent, sharpen my soft skills and push me to think beyond the status quo. My affiliation with Cambridge as a PhD graduate would unlock many more paths, and I plan to continuously be involved in translational research, aiming to contribute and make an impact as an alumnus.”
Edward Tan, 2015, PhD Engineering
Donations to the TH Fund and income from endowed funds enabled us to achieve the following in 2018-19:
Support students: providing opportunities and nurturing potential
- Offer part studentships to 37 graduate students
- Award grants to 68 students to help with their fieldwork, conferences or dissertations
- Contribute £105,070 in bursaries to undergraduates, including supporting 46 undergraduates from lower income households with a full Cambridge Bursary
- Purchase sports equipment for Wychfield
- Enable the choir to produce a CD
- Help 17 students with the costs involved with taking part in Blues level sports
- Expand our access and outreach activities, engaging over 2,638 school students from 306 schools
- Support our Entrepreneurs network, offering awards to take part in entrepreneurial projects making a difference in Africa, China and Europe.
- Establish new academic prizes
Support teaching and continue Cambridge excellence
- Supporting the College costs of five Fellows and two Research Fellows
Preserve our heritage and improve our resources
- Continue work on the WongAvery Music Gallery
- Conserve a rare atlas in the Old Library collection and digitize medieval manuscripts
- Purchase up to date texts for the Jerwood Library
- Refurbish the upper room in the Jerwood Library.