This page contains information for students, Fellows and staff. Please familiarise yourself with the information that relates to you so that we can all help Cambridge stay safe.
It remains that washing hands is an effective way to combat the spread of infectious diseases and, while wearing a face-covering is no longer a requirement anywhere in College, those who wish to are welcome to do so.
Stay up-to-date with the latest guidelines on Coronavirus on the Government website.
Although the Government advice is to treat this as any other respiratory infection, and there is no legal requirement to isolate, we believe we should all look out for each other as a community. As such, if you test positive for Covid-19, we strongly encourage you to advise your line manager (for staff), the Senior Tutor (for Fellows), and the College nurse (for students) and to remain at home for five days. If after five days you feel well enough to return, even if you still test positive, you are free to return.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Stay alert to minimising the risks of virus transmission in all aspects of your life.
- If you or anyone you live with has symptoms, follow the Government guidance to stay safe.
- We also strongly recommend College members become fully vaccinated and boosted.
- If you are self-isolating do not attend meetings or supervisions in person.
- Good ventilation can help reduce infections. Ventilation is most important if someone in your household has Coronavirus or another respiratory virus, to try and stop the virus spreading.
Symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- you’ve lost your sense of smell or taste or they’ve changed
Before you travel please check the UK Government website for the latest Coronavirus-related travel information. You should also check the guidance given for international travellers in the country you intend to travel to or from.