Pastoral and wellbeing support

Support from Trinity Hall

The College employs a professional multidisciplinary Wellbeing Team who provide one-to-one support to students on any issue impacting their wellbeing, including mental health, physical health, and disability-related matters.

The College adopts a whole-institution approach to wellbeing, and the team plays a key role in supporting students to access the right support at the right time, helping them to engage with University Student Support Services as well as other services as and when needed.

Another key function of the Wellbeing Team is to empower and support students in looking after their own wellbeing through a programme of wellbeing initiatives. Whether it be a cycling in Cambridge course, a sleep wellbeing roadshow, an exam preparation workshop, or an opportunity to spend time with animals, there should be something for everyone.

In addition to the Wellbeing Team, the College is committed to maintaining its extensive resources of peer group and pastoral support through the Welfare Officers for the JCR and MCR; Dean of Chapel; and Tutors. We encourage all students to remain in close and frequent contact with friends and family by phone and social media.

Please also remember that the Central Site Porters’ Lodge remains open 24 hours a day if you need help: 01223 332500. Please let your Tutor, the Wellbeing Team, the Porters, or someone else in College if you are feeling lonely, anxious or isolated.

Support from the University

The University’s core Student Support Services are the University Counselling Service, the Student Wellbeing Team (in development), the Mental Health Advice Service, the Accessibility and Disability Resource Centre, and the Sexual Harassment and Violence Support Service.

Do make use of these services, if needed. Extensive advice regarding online support and other sources of information is also available on the University’s wellbeing website.

Additional support

You can take a look through the University of Cambridge student wellbeing webpages for more information and advice.

If you are already experiencing high levels of distress and think you might need help please contact: