The Trinity Hall Careers Network provides a platform for alumni and students to connect with each other on a professional level, offering advice, internships, jobs and networking opportunities. If you would be interested in supporting students in any of the following ways, please contact James Adamcheski-Halson, in the Alumni and Development Office, on email@example.com.
We have developed an online careers directory on www.THalumni.net where students and alumni can search to find Trinity Hall members working in certain careers, companies or locations.
We hold the annual Nicholson Careers Evening in Michaelmas Term, usually the first week of November, with thanks to the Nick Nicholson Fund. If you are interested in being part of a careers panel please get in touch.
Bespoke events are also run subject to the needs of the student body. If you would like to offer your time for an event in a specific field, please let us know.
We have developed careers pages for students on the College intranet and have written a ‘what it means to work in guide’ to give students an insight into particular careers. We have asked alumni to write a few sentences about what their job entails on a day-to-day basis, the skills they think are needed for the role and common career progression in that field.
Employers are increasingly looking for graduates to have relevant work experience. Students have benefited through connections with alumni who have offered internships and work placements to Trinity Hall students within their companies. The internships are advertised through our intranet pages and through student mailing lists. You can also tick the work experience checkbox on your profile on www.THalumni.net
Download the common best practice code for internships from Department for Business, Innovation & Skills.
- Log in to THalumni.net (if you have never registered before select new user sign up and fill out your profile form)
- Click on update my profile on the left
- Select business & careers
- Update your current business details; you can select what information you are willing to make public to those searching the directory and what you would prefer to remain private.
- At the bottom of the page in the careers network section, please select yes if you would like to join the careers network. You can also select if your company may be able to offer work experience.
- Add any notes at the bottom in the careers notes section.
- Students are able to search the careers directory by industry and subject and contact other Trinity Hall members via a private message. You can limit the contact information that is visible to other users on your profile.
- Log in to THalumni.net and click search the careers network on the left hand side.
- Search by industry, matriculation year, subject studied while at Trinity Hall or by using keywords to search the career notes sections.
- Clicking send message alongside the search results will enable you to send a private message to the individual.
If you are willing to offer advice to students from other colleges, you can register on the University Careers Service online directory, Gradlink.