Does the College have a postgraduate prospectus? +-

No. However this section of the website contains information that would be in a Postgraduate Prospectus. The University Postgraduate Admissions Office, also has information about Trinity Hall on its Postgraduate Admissions website.

How does the College process applications? +-

Applications are received electronically from the University Postgraduate Admissions Office, from students who have put Trinity Hall as one of their preferred Colleges. The application is assessed by a Director of Studies in the applicant’s subject, and then by the Postgraduate Tutor. The applicant is informed of the outcome via the Applicant Portal.

What criteria are used when considering applications? +-

Applications for both entry and studentships are considered on the basis of academic merit.

Does the College consider applications from members of other Cambridge colleges? +-

Yes, we welcome applications from members of other Colleges who are intending to start a new MPhil or PhD.

What is the deadline for applying for membership? +-

The application must be assessed by your Department before it is sent to Colleges, so you should check the deadline for your chosen course. Funding deadlines may also apply. The College usually starts to fill up for certain courses around March.

Studentships, Awards and Grants - How do I apply, when does the College consider the applications received and make offers? +-

Details of how to apply can be found in our Studentships and Funding page.

Does the College provide accommodation? If so, where? +-

Please see our Accommodation page.

May I visit the College and do I need to make an appointment to do so? +-

Yes, you are welcome to visit the College during normal opening hours – please contact the Porter’s Lodge (01223 332500) for more information.

What support/facilities are available for families (childcare) and partners? +-

Trinity Hall has accommodation suitable for students with partners, consisting of twelve self-contained flats at the Wychfield site. Unfortunately we are unable to house families with children.

The College welcomes permanent resident partners of postgraduate students and recognises a partner as a full member of the MCR (and makes no charge). We try to be as understanding and as accommodating as possible but would ask for the following few conditions to be met:

  • That your partner live with you in Cambridge
  • That your partner not be a member of another College
  • That you ‘register’ your partner with the Graduate Tutorial Office via email

Connect with Trinity Hall