The Trinity Hall BYOB Virtual Quiz
|Date & time|
|Booking closing date||Thursday, 28 May 7:30pm|
|Event type||Virtual quiz|
*Booking has now closed for this event*
Join us for the Trinity Hall BYOB Virtual Quiz on Thursday 28 May. Hosted by The Big Smoke Events Company, we bring to you a live trivia quiz which you can take part in from the comfort of your home!
Join us from 8pm (BST) ready for a prompt 8.10pm start time. This will allow you time to ‘clap for carers‘ to show support to the NHS, and to ensure you are set up correctly before we begin.
Alumni, students, Fellows and staff of the College are invited to play individually or as a team with others in your household – so get your family or housemates involved. All you need is a computer (to see the questions and other participants) AND a smartphone/tablet/second computer screen (to submit your answers). There is no charge to take part but participants are invited to make an optional donation to our student support fund. Please note that there are a limited number of places available.
How does it work? It’s simple…
1) This 5 round trivia quiz is LIVE and video-streamed straight to your home!
2) You can play individually or as a team with others in your household. Teams cannot be formed with people in different locations.
3) Each round will have a different theme from general knowledge to animal facts to movie trivia so get swatting up…
4) A live leaderboard will keep track after every round so you can keep an eye on the competition!
5) You only have a set amount of time to answer each question and extra points are awarded the faster you answer – there’s no time for cheating in this quiz!
6) The technology is simple. All you need is a computer (to see the questions and other participants) AND a smartphone/tablet/second computer screen (to submit your answers) – see note below. We will send you joining instructions by email on the day of the quiz which will include a link to Zoom. Open the link on your computer and once you are in, further instructions will be given to you by the Quiz Master.
Note. It is possible to use one computer screen however this will impact the user experience. You will need to split the screen so you can see two windows; Zoom and the webpage for submitting answers.
7) Remember to turn your webcam on so everyone can see who they are up against!
8) At the end of the quiz we will have the all important results – of course this is competitive so there will be a winner who will receive a mystery prize.
9) You can join from 8pm to make sure you are logged in correctly – the quiz will begin promptly at 8.10pm. This start time will allow for anyone who wishes to ‘clap for carers’ to do so.
How to register
Online: Online registration is available – please click here.
By email: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and how you are affiliated with the College. If you are an alumnus/alumna of the College, please include your matriculation year.
You will receive the joining instructions before midday on Thursday 28 May which will include the link to Zoom. If you have not received the link by this date and time, please check your spam box before contacting email@example.com.
Please note that there are a limited number of places available.
Donations to the Student Support Fund
It is free to take part. However, we would be grateful if you would consider donating what you may have spent on drinks on a night out to our student support funds, to help students in greatest need at this time. Donate now at https://alumni.trinhall.cam.ac.uk/ssnonline
Please note that booking will close at 4pm on Thursday 28 May.