The Trinity Hall BYOB Virtual Quiz 3
|Date & time|
|Location||The comfort of your home|
|Booking closing date||Thursday, 16 July 7:00pm|
|Event type||Virtual quiz|
Join us for our third and final Thursday night Trinity Hall BYOB Virtual Quiz on Thursday 16 July, free of charge.
The feedback following our first two quizzes has been incredible so we want to give you all another opportunity to take part. The questions are fun, fast paced and multiple choice – so if you don’t know the answer, you’ve still got a chance at winning points!
Alumni, students, Fellows and staff of the College are invited to play individually or as a team with others in your household – so get your family or housemates involved. Hosted by The Big Smoke Events Company, we bring to you a live trivia quiz which you can take part in from the comfort of your home.
How does it work? It’s simple…
1) This 5 round trivia quiz is LIVE and video-streamed straight to your home!
2) You can play individually or as a team with others in your household. Teams cannot be formed with people in different locations.
3) Each round will have a different theme from general knowledge to animal facts to movie trivia so get swatting up…
4) A live leaderboard will keep track after every round so you can keep an eye on the competition!
5) You only have a set amount of time to answer each question and extra points are awarded the faster you answer – there’s no time for cheating in this quiz!
6) The technology is simple. All you need is a computer (to see the questions and other participants) AND a smartphone/tablet/second computer screen (to submit your answers) – see note below. We will send you joining instructions by email on the day of the quiz which will include a link to Zoom. Open the link on your computer and once you are in, further instructions will be given to you by the Quiz Master.
Note. It is possible to use one computer screen however this will impact the user experience. You will need to split the screen so you can see two windows; Zoom and the webpage for submitting answers.
7) Remember to turn your webcam on so everyone can see who they are up against!
8) At the end of the quiz we will have the all important results – of course this is competitive so there will be a winner who will receive a mystery prize.
9) You can join from 8pm to make sure you are logged in correctly – the quiz will begin promptly at 8.10pm.
How to register
Online: Online registration is available – please click here.
By email: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and how you are affiliated with the College. If you are an alumnus/alumna of the College, please include your matriculation year.
You will receive the joining instructions by 5pm on Thursday 16 July which will include the link to Zoom. If you have not received the link by this date and time, please check your spam box before contacting email@example.com.
Please note that there are a limited number of places available.
Donations to the Student Support Fund
There is no charge to take part in the quiz however, we would be incredibly grateful if you would consider donating what you may have spent on a drink on a night out to our student support funds. Donations will help students facing unexpected financial challenges due to the coronavirus pandemic. No gift is too small as collectively, we can make a huge difference to our students. Thank you.
“When COVID-19 hit, within a week my savings all but disappeared, taking with them my ability to pay for fees, housing and groceries. Had it not been for the Hardship Fund, as well as the considerate, caring and hardworking people at Trinity Hall, I don’t know how I would have made it through these difficult times.” Current PhD student
Why not donate the cost of a drink from the Aula Bar:
£3.80 Trinity Hall Ale
£2.50 Pint of Lager
£1.70 Posh Pop
£13.00 a round of all the above
Donate now at https://alumni.trinhall.cam.ac.uk/ssnonline
Please note that booking will close at 7pm on Thursday 16 July.
“Big thank you for the quiz last night. We all thoroughly enjoyed it in our household.” James McDaid (1994)
“Very many thanks for a very enjoyable social event – it was really well run.” Colin Whitby-Stevens (1965)
“Just played the quiz with the other Trinity Hall members! Well done to the team! It was wonderful – even my mum who hates quizzes said how good it was.” Izzy