The Trinity Hall Virtual Quiz – Family Special
|Date & time|
|Location||The comfort of your home|
|Booking closing date||Friday, 24 July 3:30pm|
|Event type||Virtual quiz | Family event|
Kick start the summer holidays with a special Trinity Hall virtual quiz for the family on Friday 24 July at 5pm.
We’ve had great fun hosting our popular Thursday night Trinity Hall BYOB Virtual Quiz series, with thanks to The Big Smoke Events Company. With the summer holidays nearly upon us, we wanted to bring you a Trinity Hall event for the family. Recommended for ages 8+ and we ask that parents/guardians supervise.
The questions, which range from Disney to animals to food, are fun, fast paced and multiple choice – so even if you don’t know the answer, you’ve still got a chance at winning points! With colourful images for each question, instant results and a live leaderboard, this quiz will definitely keep the little ones engaged!
How does it work? It’s simple…
1) This 5 round trivia quiz is LIVE and video-streamed straight to your home!
2) You play as a team with others in your household. Teams cannot be formed with people in different locations.
3) Each round will have a different theme from Disney to animal facts to cartoon characters, aimed at ages 8+
4) A live leaderboard will keep track after every round so you can keep an eye on the competition!
5) You only have a set amount of time to answer each question and extra points are awarded the faster you answer – there’s no time for cheating in this quiz!
6) The technology is simple. All you need is a computer (to see the questions and other participants) AND a smartphone/tablet/second computer screen (to submit your answers) – see note below. We will send you joining instructions by email on the day of the quiz which will include a link to Zoom. Open the link on your computer and once you are in, further instructions will be given to you by the Quiz Master.
Note. It is possible to use one computer screen however this will impact the user experience. You will need to split the screen so you can see two windows; Zoom and the webpage for submitting answers.
7) It would be great for everyone to see who they are up against so you are welcome to turn your webcam on should you wish.
8) At the end of the quiz we will have the all important results – of course this is competitive so there’s a College Cuddly Dog up for grabs for the winning and second place teams.
9) You can join from 5pm to make sure you are logged in correctly – the quiz will begin promptly at 5.10pm.
Hosted by The Big Smoke Events Company, we bring to you a live trivia quiz which you can take part in from the comfort of your home. Open to the entire Trinity Hall community including alumni, staff, Fellows and students.
How to register
Online registration is available – please click here.
Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and how you are affiliated with the College. If you are an alumnus/alumna of the College, please include your matriculation year.
You will receive the joining instructions by 3.30pm on Friday 24 July which will include the link to Zoom. If you have not received the link by this date and time, please check your spam box before contacting email@example.com.
Please note that booking will close at 3.30pm on Friday 24 July.
Donations to the Student Support Fund
There is no charge to take part in the quiz however, we would be incredibly grateful if you would consider donating what you may have spent on a drink and a snack on a day out to our student support funds. Donations will help students facing unexpected financial challenges due to the coronavirus pandemic. No gift is too small as collectively, we can make a huge difference to our students. Thank you.
“When COVID-19 hit, within a week my savings all but disappeared, taking with them my ability to pay for fees, housing and groceries. Had it not been for the Hardship Fund, as well as the considerate, caring and hardworking people at Trinity Hall, I don’t know how I would have made it through these difficult times.” Current PhD student
Why not donate the cost of a drink and a snack from the Aula Bar:
£2.70 Posh Pop + Cookie
£3.25 Cappuccino + Pastry
£3.95 Banana Frappe + Bakewell Tart
£9.90 for all the above
Donate now at https://alumni.trinhall.cam.ac.uk/ssnonline
“Big thank you for the quiz last night. We all thoroughly enjoyed it in our household.” James McDaid (1994)
“Very many thanks for a very enjoyable social event – it was really well run.” Colin Whitby-Stevens (1965)
“Just played the quiz with the other Trinity Hall members! Well done to the team! It was wonderful – even my mum who hates quizzes said how good it was.” Izzy