TH670 Virtual Quiz
|Date & time|
|Booking closing date||Thursday, 19 November 4:00pm|
|Event type||Virtual quiz|
Pit your wits against the Trinity Hall Fellowship with our TH670 virtual quiz special!
This November, as part of the Trinity Hall Giving Day and marking 670 years of Trinity Hall, members of the Fellowship have written the questions for this special quiz.
Alumni, students, Fellows and staff of the College are invited to play individually or as a team with others in their household – so get your family or housemates involved. Hosted by The Big Smoke Events Company, we bring to you a live trivia quiz which you can take part in from the comfort of your home. The questions are fun, fast paced and multiple choice – so if you don’t know the answer, you’ve still got a chance at winning points!
Register now and join us online at 8pm (GMT) on Thursday 19 November to see if you can outsmart our Fellows by answering their questions correctly! There is no charge to take part, however all donations to our Give TogeTHer Giving Day will make a huge difference to our students.
How does it work? It’s simple…
1) This 5 round trivia quiz, with questions written by the Fellowship, is LIVE and video-streamed straight to your home!
2) You can play individually or as a team with others in your household. Teams cannot be formed with people in different locations.
3) Each round will have a different theme from general knowledge to film music, to sports so get swatting up…
4) A live leaderboard will keep track after every round so you can keep an eye on the competition!
5) You only have a set amount of time to answer each question and extra points are awarded the faster you answer – there’s no time for cheating in this quiz!
6) The technology is simple. All you need is a computer (to see the questions and other participants) AND a smartphone/tablet/second computer screen (to submit your answers) – see note below. We will send you joining instructions by email on the day of the quiz which will include a link to Zoom. Open the link on your computer and once you are in, further instructions will be given to you by the Quiz Master.
Note. It is possible to use one computer screen however this will impact the user experience. You will need to split the screen so you can see two windows; Zoom and the webpage for submitting answers.
7) Remember to turn your webcam on so everyone can see who they are up against!
8) At the end of the quiz we will have the all important results – of course this is competitive so there will be a winner who will receive a mystery prize.
9) Please join at 8pm to make sure you are logged in correctly – the quiz will begin promptly at 8.10pm.
How to register
Online: Online registration is available – please click here.
By email: Contact email@example.com with your name and how you are affiliated with the College. If you are an alumnus/alumna of the College, please include your matriculation year.
Please register by 4pm (GMT) on Thursday 19 November.
You will receive the joining instructions by 5pm (GMT) on Thursday 19 November which will include the link to Zoom. If you have not received the link by this date and time, please check your spam box before contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donations to the Student Support Fund
There is no charge to take part in the quiz however, we would be incredibly grateful if you would consider donating what you may have spent on a drink on a night out as part of our Give TogeTHer Giving Day to support our students. Donations will help students facing unexpected financial challenges due to the coronavirus pandemic, provide further bursaries for undergraduates and improve our remote teaching resources. No gift is too small – together we can make a huge difference. Thank you.
“When COVID-19 hit, within a week my savings all but disappeared, taking with them my ability to pay for fees, housing and groceries. Had it not been for the Hardship Fund, as well as the considerate, caring and hardworking people at Trinity Hall, I don’t know how I would have made it through these difficult times.” Current PhD student
Why not donate the cost of a drink from the Aula Bar:
£2.50 Pint of Lager
£3.80 Trinity Hall Ale
£11.30 a round of all the above
Donate now at https://alumni.trinhall.cam.ac.uk/givetogether
Please note that booking will close at 4pm (GMT) on Thursday 19 November.
Feedback from the Trinity Hall BYOB virtual quizzes
“Big thank you for the quiz last night. We all thoroughly enjoyed it in our household.” James McDaid (1994)
“Very many thanks for a very enjoyable social event – it was really well run.” Colin Whitby-Stevens (1965)
“Just played the quiz with the other Trinity Hall members! Well done to the team! It was wonderful – even my mum who hates quizzes said how good it was.” Izzy