What to do if you have symptoms

If you have Coronavirus symptoms please self-isolate, inform the College, order a test and inform the University.

Typical symptoms of Coronavirus infection are: 

  • high temperature – this means a feeling of feverishness, or a measured temperature above 37.8° C
  • new cough – this means a new intermittent or persistent cough, or worsening of your usual cough (if you have one)
  • a loss or change in your sense of taste or smell, particularly in the absence of nasal congestion
  • a sore throat
  • nasal discharge or congestion
  • Muscle aches
  • new hoarseness
  • new shortness of breath
  • a new wheeze
  • a positive Lateral Flow test

If you develop one or more of these symptoms you must immediately email coronavirus@trinhall.cam.ac.uk and inform the Porters. The email address is monitored 24 hours a day. You should report in this way whether you live in College or private accommodation.

You and all other members of your household must also enter household isolation in accordance with NHS guidance.  Please also read the separate College advice: Guidance on Household Isolation because of COVID symptoms. 

If you have symptoms or have received a positive test, you must complete the University’s COVID-19 monitoring form.

Do you have symptoms?




Email: coronavirus@trinhall.cam.ac.uk (monitored 24/7)

AND inform the Porters:

What happens next?


Book a test online via the Cambridge University Hospitals’ web portal: cuhstaffportal.co.uk/testrequest/

When booking, you can select to take a test at one of two locations: S2 Testing Pods, Addenbrooke’s Hospital or Dyson Building, Department of Engineering.

When arranging a test, we recommend that you also sign up to MyChart by ticking the box under ‘Receiving your results through MyChart’. This is the fastest way to receive results. If you do not consent to receiving your results via MyChart, they will be communicated to you via email, which is likely to be substantially slower.

If you choose to be tested at the University testing pod outside the Dyson Building, you should not try to access the pod via the main entrance at the Department of Engineering. Please consult these updated directions before arrival.

Alternatively you can request a postal swab via: www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing-and-tracing/get-a-test-to-check-if-you-have-coronavirus/


Inform the University if you have received a positive test result or if you have symptoms using the COVID-19 monitoring form.


but you are unwell or concerned about something else.

Inform the Porters:

Email the College Nurse (available Monday, Wednesday or Friday): nurse@trinhall.cam.ac.uk

The College Nurse will contact you to assess, offer support and monitor.

Outside of these days, and if your symptoms worsen, contact your GP or call 111. If you think it is an emergency go to A&E or call 999

Connect with Trinity Hall