Coronavirus (COVID-19) – guidance for alumni events
Trinity Hall is following current guidelines provided by the University of Cambridge: https://www.cam.ac.uk/notices/news/coronavirus-latest-guidance which are being updated on a regular basis.
Please be advised that the College Policy with regard to overnight guests, conference and event delegates and non-member visitors is that the College is NOT in a position to provide accommodation for the purposes of self-isolation and/or medical care and require individuals to agree to the following expectations and understandings:
- That attendees are required to share this Coronavirus (COVID-19) College Policy with any guests they are bringing. Should you have any concerns please raise them with us immediately.
- That all visitors have not recently travelled from, or knowingly been in contact with someone who has travelled from any of the named countries listed in Public Health England advisory information https://www.gov.uk/guidance/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-information-for-the-public#advice-for-travellers-from-wuhan without having undergone the advised action relating to 14 days self-isolation before arriving at the College.
- That anyone visiting is not presenting flu-like symptoms and that if they were, they have been screen tested in the UK through the NHS111 service and been given a negative result.
- That during their time in College, they will act in a way so as to avoid the spread of the virus through their best endeavours as recommended by the NHS https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/:
– cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
– put used tissues in the bin immediately
– wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
– try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
– touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
– shake hands if this can be avoided.
- That in the event that, during their visit to Trinity Hall, anyone starts to feel unwell and/or starts to present with flu-like symptoms including a fever, a cough, or difficulty breathing, they will make immediate telephone contact with the College Porters Lodge (01223 332500) and self-isolate in their room pending further instruction.
If you wish to cancel your booking due to concerns over travel/public gatherings, after the 5 day cancellation period has passed, it will be necessary for us to deduct a 20% admin charge.
If you are unable to travel following Government advice regarding travel restrictions and therefore need to cancel, we will offer a full refund.
These terms are subject to revision following latest Government advice.
For further information, please contact the Alumni and Development Office: email@example.com
Dated 10th March 2020