Trinity Hall travels – West Coast USA

Trinity Hall in San Diego July 2016

By Dr Rachelle Stretch, Development Director

The heatwave in the UK almost prepared us for the temperatures on the west coast of the States… but not quite!

image

The Master, Bursar and I travelled out to California last week for various meetings and events. We started with a day in San Diego to meet friends (above) then took the train to LA where we were pleased to host a dinner for nine alumni and friends. Thanks to Alan Diamond for help in selecting a venue and advice on where to stay, as it was the Master’s and my first trip to LA.

I then flew on to San Francisco for a drinks reception for 20 alumni, with matric years spanning 1957 to 2004. Thanks to Roderick Jones for organising the venue in a club with a fabulous view of Coit Tower.

I then went on to Las Vegas for a few days holiday – as a geographer, seeing the Grand Canyon had always been on my to do list! It was great to also have the chance to meet our one alum currently in Vegas.

Thanks to everyone for their warm welcome on our travels as always. In six weeks we will be in Hong Kong and Singapore and then back to the States next spring. We hope to see some of you there!