In 2004, the College embarked on an annual programme of regularly telephoning alumni, and the results have had a transformative effect on the lives of many undergraduates and graduates, and on the fabric of the College itself. Telethons are an excellent opportunity for alumni to be updated on news from the College, for us to answer any questions members may have and ask for feedback, to share experiences with current students and for students to learn more about potential career paths open to them. We are very grateful for the support we receive and we are delighted that collectively the Telephone Campaigns have raised over £2.5 million. This has made a huge difference to the lives of students. Thank you for your support.
Telephone Campaign 2018
The College's fourteenth telephone campaign will be taking place for three weeks in March and April 2018. Our team of 10 students are hoping to speak to more than 600 alumni, have some memorable conversations and seek financial support to bolster our student support and access and outreach initiatives. Further details will be made available towards the end of 2017.
Telephone Campaign 2017
The College's thirteenth telephone campaign ran for three weeks in March and April 2017. Our team of 10 students had great conversations with more than 600 alumni, updated them on College news, shared experiences, asked for feedback and sought support for our current fundraising projects. As continues to be the case, our callers greatly enjoyed the conversations they had this year. We are pleased to report that more than £185,000 has been raised to date thanks to the generosity of our alumni and the hard work of this year's team. We continue to be indebted to our alumni for all of their support.
The funds raised will continue to help support our current students who struggle with financial hardship, to bolster our access and outreach initiatives, help us continue our programme of refurbishment of the College’s historic buildings, support global student travel to academic conferences where they present their research and continue to support existing.
Every donation helps make a real difference to our students. The funds raised on the campaign will help to:
- support our students - to enable us to offer grants to our students and to ensure all talented individuals are able to attend, regardless of financial background
- support College teaching - to help safeguard the supervision system
- support our refurbishment programme - to improve our facilities and renovate the student rooms on central site
- support our clubs & societies - to help students develop their talents at the highest possible level
- support access initiatives - to reach out to schools and raise aspirations of teenagers to ensure the increased fees to not deter able individuals from applying