[Skip to main content]

Prospective Students


Does the College have a graduate prospectus?
No. However this section of the website contains information that would be in a Graduate Prospectus. The University Graduate Admissions Office, also has information about Trinity Hall in its Graduate Prospectus.
How does the College process applications?
Applications are received electronically from the University Graduate Admissions Office, from students who have put Trinity Hall as one of their preferred Colleges. The application is passed to a Director of Studies in the applicant’s subject, and then to the Graduate Tutor. The applicant is informed of the outcome on CamSIS.
Do I have to put Trinity Hall down as my first choice to be considered?
We consider applications which have Trinity Hall as one of their first two preferred Colleges. However, if you are applying for College studentships you must place Trinity Hall as your first choice.
What criteria are used when considering applications?
Applications for both entry and studentships are considered on the basis of academic merit.
Does the College consider applications from members of other Cambridge Colleges?
Yes, we welcome transfer applications from members of other Colleges who are intending to start an MPhil or PhD.
What is the deadline for applying for membership?
The application must be decided upon by your Department before it is sent to Colleges, so you should check the deadline for your chosen course. Funding deadlines may also apply. The College usually starts to fill up for certain courses around March.
Studentships, Awards and Grants - How do I apply, when does the College consider the applications received and make offers?
Details of how to apply can be found in our Studentships and Funding page
Does the College provide accommodation? If so, where?
Details of Trinity Hall Graduate accommodation can be found on the MCR website.
May I visit the College and do I need to make an appointment to do so?
Yes, you are welcome to visit the College during normal opening hours – please contact the Porter’s Lodge (01223 332500) for more information.
What support/facilities are available for families (childcare) and partners?
Trinity Hall has accommodation suitable for students with partners, including twelve self-contained flats at the Wychfield site together with other self contained flats on Norwich Street. Unfortunately we are unable to house families with children.
The College welcomes permanent resident partners of graduate students and recognises a partner as a full member of the MCR (and makes no charge).  We try to be as understanding and as accommodating as possible but would ask for the following few conditions to be met:
- That your partner live with you in Cambridge
- That your partner not be a member of another College
- That you 'register' your partner with the Tutorial Office via email


Miss Vicky Mills
Admissions Officer
Trinity Hall
Trinity Lane
Cambridge CB2 1TJ

t: +44 1223 332535

Undergraduate Admissions
Graduate Admissions

How to Apply

Apply to Trinity Hall

Applicants for a graduate degree apply directly to the University and not to the College.

Full Details on the University Website

MCR (for Graduates)

Image of JCR logo with building

The MCR (Middle Combination Room) is our name for the graduate common area and graduate student body. With plenty of facilities, it's a great place to read, grab a coffee or chat with friends.

Visit the MCR Website

Studentships & Funding

Trinity Hall has some of the most generous graduate funding of all the Cambridge Colleges, including fully-funded graduate scholarships and research-related funding.

Find out More on Funding


Trinity Hall Wychfield Accommodation

Trinity Hall has a variety of accommodation for undergraduate and graduates. Fully furnished rooms, some ensuite, and much cheaper than commercial rates.

See our Accommodation

[Go back to the top of the page]