Alumni Survey Results
In the second half of 2013, we sent out a survey to all our alumni, to ask for feedback on our events and publications. We received 1,750 responses, with a response rate of 10% by email and 20% by post. Responses came from a range of matriculation years and included UK and overseas alumni, with a third of responses from alumni who had been graduate students. Thank you to everyone who responded.
Your views on events:
- 44% of alumni have been to an event in the past five years
- Around three quarters of alumni would be interested in an event in their region
- General feedback suggested there is interest in more lectures
- For those who have not been able to attend an event in College recently, distance to travel was cited as the main reason for not attending College events
Your views on publications:
- 90% of those who responded were happy with the current level of communication from the College
- Front Court is the most popular publication in terms of levels of satisfaction and being read most thoroughly
- Our facebook page was the least read of our media – follow us at www.facebook.com/TrinityHallCamb to keep up to date with the latest news
- 83% of respondents said they would not pay to receive the Newsletter
- 657 respondents asked to receive more alumni news in publications
This has led us to review our publications and as such we will be producing Front Court twice a year from 2015, rebranding the Newsletter and combining it with content from Milestones. All publications will be sent to alumni in print, unless requested otherwise, at no cost.
Your knowledge of alumni benefits:
- Only 48% of those who responded were aware of their dining rights
- The majority of respondents were well aware of the University’s CAM magazine and the CAM card
- Over half of respondents were unaware of the cantab.net email for life and University credit card
What Trinity Hall means to you:
Our word cloud covers the range of responses to the question in the online survey as to what Trinity Hall means to you – fun, formative and friendship sit alongside intense and intellectual as well as busy and beer, study and sport.
In our question regarding what image alumni most associate with Trinity Hall, the clear winner with 69% selecting it as their first choice, was the College crest, followed by Front Court and then the Old Library.
We welcome feedback and suggestions throughout the year so do contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org